Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Transplant INN side

Retro. When you think of Retro does furniture, lighting or possibly an old stove come to mind? What about old Hotel Motel signs?  A couple of years ago when I was out hitting the pavement finding vintage Florida to photograph, some of my very favorite finds were the old Motel signs.  Once when I was in New England with a friend, she took me down Route 1 and we stopped at nearly every old sign for 50 miles, just because I was so enamored with the style. There's just something about them that brings a smile.



When I mentioned to Steve that I thought a Retro Motel sign would make a great transplant tee, he sort of gave me blank stare and then asked for some examples of what in the world I was talking about. I think it took him a little while to understand my enthusiasm, but his blank stare eventually turned into an upturned smile and a twinkle in his eye as he started working. 



I sent him far too many examples, I'm sure, but he created some of my favorite designs and the first of our Transplant line to hit the Internet and Zazzle.  I am amazed at what he can do with a whisper of an idea and whole lot of passion for a project.  
We have a yearly event, The Celebration of Life picnic, and we were selling merchandise for the event.  A man came up to us and said that he had just received a shirt that he had purchased online and he was so excited because he had never seen anything like it before.  He unzipped his jacket and showed us our own design!  We had, just the week before, cheered that someone had finally purchased that design I loved so much, and here it was right in front of us!  


That was so much fun.  Zazzle sells to people all around the globe and this gentleman came to our event.  That's pretty cool! You just never know who is going to buy the products and share the story of organ donation.


Go to DonateLife.net to register yourself to be an organ donor.  It's fast and easy.  
Have a fantastic day!
KNS Gear  
KNS Transplant Gear 
knsgear@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment