Saturday, November 3, 2018

Dishtowels from KNS Home Decor


Dishtowels are just about one of my favorite things.  Seriously.  I have a few towels from when I had just graduated from high school - nearly 35 years.  Those towels are so soft and absorbent, but they are stained and have lost some of their color, but I love them like a beloved pet. 


  When we first got onto Zazzle and looked at all of the products that we could put designs on, I immediately went to the dishtowels.  I had to.  It was near obsession. 


 We now have 57 different dishtowels.  Some have a design on them that are my personal photos.  The very first Christmas after starting KNS Gear, my husband got me three of my photo dishtowels as a present. 


 The fabric is a slight waffle weave, but it's more puckered than woven.  The kitchen towels were absorbent from the very first day.  (I do admit, I never use fabric softener, so they stay absorbent.)


 The cut of these towels isn't straight.  I think it has something to do with the puckering effect of the fabric, but it doesn't detract from the towels, in my opinion. 


 The towels with a scene from top to bottom will look different when folded, so we have made every effort to make the design look good no matter how it's folded. 


 The towels are so lovely that they make nice display fabric or as a lining for a bread basket.  It's an easy way to get a theme in your kitchen or for an event without having to do too much.  The lemonade kitchen towel at the top of the page can instantly turn your outdoor table with a glass of lemonade and some cookies into something that looks like you spent a lot more time preparing. 


 I've washed my kitchen towels that were purchased here nearly every week for the past few years.  They look just as lovely as the day they arrived.  They are hard working towels, I can attest to that. 


I mentioned that I was a bit obsessive about my towels, but I don't hesitate to use them.  I wipe floors with them, take them on vacation, dry dishes, line baking sheets with them as extra drying space and use them as decorating pieces.  They are used as hot pads and to clean off the counters.  

 The ones with recipes on them are used to make sure I don't get the ingredients wrong.  And by the way, the Olive Tapenade is one of our recipes that we tested many times to get the ratio correct and it's fantastic! 

 Pair a dishtowel with a bottle of olive oil, some fabulous bread and some dipping spices and you have an elegant gift. 


KNS Gear is one way that Steve and I add a little bit of income to our lives and get those creative juices flowing when we sit down to create.  We hope you enjoy the products we talk about and if you ever want anything specific, please let us know. 

Have a great day!
Steve and Kristin
KNS Gear Home Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment