Sunday, November 4, 2018

Customized Flyers for potlucks and parties


I wish I could draw.  My sister can draw and paint and make things out of wire and and and. I am in awe of her talent and have been my entire life.  I can't draw at all.  Even my stick figures look ill.  Growing up with her, I learned a lot about how things should look, about good design and that beauty is worth it!  Thankfully I learned that I was a pretty good photographer, so if I can find a great photo opportunity then I don't need to know how to draw what I spotted.  Whew!  It takes the pressure off!

My husband is also a creative - he uses Photoshop and other design programs and he creates that way.  We have a potluck dinner each month and he designs the flyer for it.  He's been doing this for years, so I always encourage him to use the one from the year before and just change the date.  Unless it's the day before the event and we've both forgotten, he never just changes the date.  

The appetizer potluck above was a totally new design.  I asked him to pull the flyer so I could post it on our group page and a day later he sends me this...  How can people see these types of things?  


 I can visualize a space, a blog post, a cleaned closet, but I will never be able to see these designs that he sees.  I posted the Zombies Don't Scare Me t-shirt the other day and he took that thought and made the Halloween Party flyer.  Isn't it cool?  I just love it.


 Even something as simple as fall leaves seems to just glow from within when he gets his hands on it.  I've often thought that he should market these designs and allow for customization of the text.  I wonder if there's a market for it?


I've seen a lot of very poor invitations to events and most people don't really care how they look, which is just fine.  But if you have a monthly event, like we do with our potlucks, it might be nice to have a more professional design.  I may be partial because he's my fella, but I love the work he creates.

If you have any opinions, we'd be glad to hear them.

Thank you!
Kristin and Steve
KNS Gear 

No comments:

Post a Comment